We, the Goba Group, believe that we do not have to fear cancer. We embrace the following core values:
- Patient and family centred perspective
- Celebrating life
- Upholding traditional culture
- Holistic knowledge and education
- Individual and community ownership of health
- Supporting and learning from one another
Community leaders and residents working hand in hand, Fort Good Hope is known to be a place where everyone has the information and support they need in order not to fear cancer.
We are concerned community members who volunteer our time to reduce the fear of cancer in Fort Good Hope by educating the public and supporting cancer patients and their families.
We aim to make a difference across the Northwest Territories by sharing our knowledge and experience with other communities.